What is ImageNow?
ImageNow is the document imaging system of the University of Maine System. Purchased in 2006 ImageNow is a reliable solution for your document management needs. How ImageNow works is quite simple -- documents are captured into the system and stored electronically on a central server. Once they have been captured they are inspected for quality and indexed with document keys so they can be easily searched and retrieved.
In addition to the electronic storage capabilities, ImageNow offers a powerful workflow component that can be used to process documents "electronically." Workflow can be set up to map any paper process -- no matter how simple or complex -- making business routines more streamlined, more accurate and faster.
Advantages of ImageNow...
- Better connect staff to the documents they need to complete their daily activities
- Bring together documents and the business processes they influence into one, easy-to-use system
- Integrate with Peoplesoft, complementing the business processes that are already established
- Capture virtually any type of document
- Provide instant access to documents at the very moment they are needed to respond quickly to inquiries, questions, or requests for documents
- Easy to use interface
- Simple and advanced search options
- Powerful workflow component
- Variety of capturing methods
- Integration with Peoplesoft
- WebNow – access to documents through secure web connection
- Customizable annotation tools
- Reporting on documents and workflow activity
Who is Imaging?
To date, we have implemented ImageNow in the following offices system-wide:
- Financial Aid (2006)
- Admissions/Shared Processing Center (2006)
- Advising (USM and UMA)
- Loan Processing (2006)
- Sponsored Programs (2007)
- Student Records (2007)
- Native American Scholarship Program (2008)
- Graduate Admissions (UM - 2008)
- Student Financials (2009)
- Accounts Payable (2010)
- HR Benefits Center (2010)
The success we have had with deploying ImageNow to departments is outstanding! In all areas we have:
- Reduced paper and minimized storage needs
- Provided greater security of documents
- Improved services by providing quicker response time to student inquiries, questions, and requests for information
- Decreased risk of lost documents
- Provided greater access to documents that are shared between offices and across the system
- Eliminated time consuming tasks such as filing and copying
- Gained efficiency in business processes by reducing processing time of paper documents